Monday, March 12, 2012

Saving for those " Rainy Days"

I know we really needed the rain but I have to say rainy days make me a little blue.  When I heard there would be rain for a few days I thought about what I had been saving for a rainy day. I really couldn't think of anything except laundry...blah. Laundry must be done whether it's rainy or not. 
As I continued to consider what could be done in this blue state, my thoughts changed to what gloomy or rainy days mean for other people. I am so blessed that my definition of gloomy is defined in weather terms and literally means rainy, dark and cloudy days.   To others, rainy or gloomy days have a whole different meaning. There are a lot of folks in these gloomy/rainy days currently. To most people saving for your future and retirement is crucial but what about saving for the unexpected - these rainy days? This has always been a concern for me.  Heck, saving for Christmas has always been a concern for me.
Until recently I was what I called a single income family, meaning it was me and only me to count on for income. There is information everywhere about what to do with your money, "Invest it here, save it there". It's a big decision! What's a girl to do? How do we know what is best for our "rainy day"?  Today I was reading a blog called Lifehacker.com.  I was pleasantly surprised to see an article with some advice on "How to Save for the Unexpected". The first thing it listed was a Rewards Checking and Saving Account. This was great news to me!  This is great news for our customers!  We have these Premium Saving Accounts! Here at the bank we have lots of options for saving money.  We can help with Saving accounts and even guide you to someone who can develop a plan for you and your family. I'm so happy to say that it looks like we at NBA are providing great resources to help people save for those rainy day times in life.
(To find our more about these accounts log on to www.nbabank.com)

Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment