Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Personal Strength

Have you ever considered your personal strengths, or "strinths" as my Grandma Mabel would say?  Last week, Jocelyn and I were challenged by our bossman Bryan to read and take a short quiz identifying our strengths.  This would apply not only in the work place, but in everyday life.  When Bryan mentioned it, I thought the book sounded interesting but I also thought "I probably know what mine are already".  So Sunday, I took on the challenge.  After I finished the quiz, it gave me all sorts of insight about how I function.  You know what, I was surprised at a couple of the results.  My first strength to pop up was Responsibility.  I knew that one for sure. I feel responsible for everyone and everything. It expressed that these are pretty dependable folks who do not mind being open and honest about who they are. They intentionally avoid people who aren't so honest and open about their strengths, short-comings, or successes (all true). Some of my others were Positivity and Empathy.  Input was the strength I was surprised about the most. Before I read the explanation, I thought to myself  "oh great it says I'm one of those people who must always give their opinion (input) about everything".  As I read on, I discovered that I actually want to learn more about everything. I need to know the facts.  This is so true! In fact, I vaguely remember getting in trouble for this as a kid. I can just hear it now "Kimberly Ann, it's this way because I'm telling you it is, that's that, no more questions".  Isn't that funny? I needed to know even at 6 years old! 
 I also was surprised last week as we looked at our strengths within National Bank of Arkansas. I don't think most people realize the experience in banking that our Branch Managers possess. Not one has been employed with the bank less than 7 years! This is huge! I had no idea or had never realized what knowledge they all possess and what communities they are involved in to help make our customers feel so comfortable about banking with NBA! These numbers even escalate as you look around the bank's other departments. I couldn't help but think how special and unique this is in banking.
My point is every once in a while you should stop and take a look around at what makes you so special! 


Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment