Monday, March 5, 2012

How does a mommy have time.....

For those of you who have children in sports you are most likely familiar with what you are about to read. Practice, Practice and more Practice. I just recently signed both of my children up for baseball this season.  One child is starting t-ball and the other 8u, which I found out means 7-8 years of age. It seems we have practice nearly every day of the week except Sunday...so far. How in the world do you keep up with all of this practice? Not only that, a practice or game may be scheduled but can change at the drop of a hat, not only just like the weather but because of the weather!

I am asking myself what will I do for two or four hours while they practice???

Here is what I have come up with so far- enjoy the time! Who can pass up the smell of those hot dogs on the grill and the warmth of the sun on my face. In fact if you want sun, you're sure to get it when you go to a baseball game. I already have my first burn of the year! What I have found so far that I like best about the practices and games are the sounds you hear at the game. Besides the chatter of parents, is the crack of the bat hitting the ball. There is nothing like hearing that sound, jumping up and hoping for a home run for your team! Before you know it, you are meeting new people...Ahh a chance to learn about what people do when they are not at the ballpark? The answer is WORK...my comfort zone.  After all I know nothing about baseball, except where the bases are located, but I know a lot about working for NBA. I always carry my business cards and I even handed out a few this weekend. Who knows, if I'm lucky maybe I will get a new NBA customer! Now that's a home run!

My Conclusion is that "it's going to be great". Watching my children, enjoying the sites and sounds that surround a baseball field, meeting new people, and grabbing a dog.  What I like best of all ...watching all the smiles light up on all of the parents' and children's faces in those exciting moments.  Feels like I am right at home. The same way I feel at NBA. This mommy is making the time. Who could ask for more?

Go Team!

Jocelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment