Wednesday, May 30, 2012

What's a Woman to Wear!

From time to time Jocelyn and I thought we might throw in some fashion finds and tips for women in business like ourselves.  Jocelyn are I are shoppers extraordinaire and so are several of our co-workers.  We love to find a great deal!  Occasionally I realize later though, that the great deal I got on those $9.99 shoes was not such a great deal after all, when I leave the bank at night with my feet killing me. Now I proceed with caution when the deal seems to good to be true.  Quality is the key!  
At National Bank of Arkansas our dress code is Business Casual. This code was selected several years ago. It is nice because we really are not a "stuffy" or "formal" atmosphere bank.  We want to relate to our customers in a professional, yet comfortable environment.  With that in mind, Business Casual is still sometimes hard to define for women.  We like it because it means we are not required to wear a suit every day but we know it does not mean we can wear jeans.  Sometimes it is hard to find that middle ground. So some tips I have found over the last few years are as follows: 

1) If it is something you would wear on a Saturday afternoon to "hang out", you probably should not wear it to work.
2) If you have the slightest doubt in your mind about whether it is acceptable, it is not!
3) I always try to follow the rule "dress for the job you want".
4) Your office/desk is also an extension of you. You may be wearing the nicest thing you own, but if your desk is cluttered, dirty or covered with diet soda cans and snack wrappers, it will not matter.
5) Foot Petals for women shoes are the best thing I have ever found for making high heels comfortable (Dillard's)
6) When in doubt, be "over dressed", not "under dressed" for the situation. 

We hope you find these tips useful!  We would love to hear about any tips you may have to share!

Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment