Thursday, May 10, 2012

Living With An Attitude of Gratitude

I’ve been hearing quite a bit lately about gratitude. I think I’m finally listening. There is a difference between the two. “Thank you” has always been easy to say to my friend or my Dad, but am I focused on living that way every day? Probably not. Now I am not into any kind of “new age” thinking, but I can see how focusing on gratitude or appreciating what we do have, can at some point, overcome our dismay about what we don’t .
Just like when I was learning to ride a bike, I would repeat “don’t hit the tree, don’t hit the tree”.  I hit the tree!  Finally I learned to focus on something else, and went sailing right past that tree with a “Look Mom, no hands”! 
Many “gratitude” teachers advise writing down 5 things that make you grateful each day.  Each night when I write in my journal of gratitude, one sentence is always “grateful for my job”.  Most days it’s followed by “grateful for my co-workers and friends”.  I can’t imagine what my life would be like without my co-workers, friends, and the opportunities working at NBA has provided for me. 
I guess the point to my story is that being focusing on what we have, can have a huge effect on our daily life. Believe me there are days I wake up grouchy, wanting this or that, but when those days hit, I’m learning to change my focus.   

With gratitude,

Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment