Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Summer, more like simmer.


We took a small break from blog this summer to work on our tans. Actually, I have been pretty short-handed at my Bowman branch and just have not been able to get to our blog. On with the show.

This summer heat frankly made me a little cranky! Day to day stress doesn't help much either.  I'm not sure our bodies or minds were set up to run as quickly as we do these days. I continue to hear about Apps, programs, and devices to get information to us quicker. The world is moving faster and faster. While doing research and shopping on my computer the other day , I caught myself getting irritated while I had to wait a few seconds as it loaded.  Had I really become this impatient?  Seriously? What if we just decided to slow down a bit? Would that really be so bad?

This week I have been trying to redirect my day to happier thoughts and more relaxing activities since having this Ah-Ha moment (as Oprah would call it).  I try to breathe deeply.  Take my air in slow and let it out even slower.  You can actually feel your heart slow down. I really love music.  I think music can totally change your mood.  On my way to work, I've really tried to play something happy or something I can sing out loud to in the car.  I'm not sure if the people around me enjoy it, but I do! Lastly, I really will try to get some exercise.  To borrow a friend's phrase, some people are greyhounds and some people are hound dogs. I'm a hound dog.  I'll never be an IronMan participant but I have the same sense of accomplishment after walking/running/biking for an hour or so.  These things seem to work for me, maybe they will help you on your quest to slow down and enjoy each day!

Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment